Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Beginning

Alhamdulillah, I finally found the courage to write. And to be on the safe side, for the first posting I did not write using my own words. My first posting was a translation of selected Qur'anic verses that in the original Arabic text would start with 'huwa', meaning HE.
I was actually inspired by a writer who taught me about a writing style that refers to someone using a third party reference. It was really beautiful... and I found that this 'writing' style was quite frequently used in the Holy Qur'an.

But.. "....The Qur'an is not merely fine verses to be recited for enchantment. It is a comprehensive constitution providing education and guidance through life. We will not benefit by the Qur'an unless we read it with the aim of seeking guidance for our present and future life, in the same way as the first Muslim community did. When we approach the Qur'an in this way, we are certain to find in it what we are looking for, and we shall have something far more remarkable than we can imagine. Its words, expressions, and instructions will come alive, giving us all the guidance we need...." Sayed Qutb

Let us all continue reading the Qur'an and may our life be blessed with the light from HIM.

No comments: