Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Dark History

When your Lord said to the angels: 'I am creating a human from
clay, after I have shaped him and breathed of My spirit (I created) into
him, fall down prostrate before him. '

So all the angels prostrated themselves,
except iblis (satan, the father of the jinn), he became too proud,
for he was one of the unbelievers.

He (Allah) said: 'iblis, what prevented you from prostrating
yourself towards that which I have created with My Hands? Have you become
too proud, or are you among the grand? '
He (satan) replied: 'I am better than he. You created me from fire,
and You created him from clay. '

'Begone! ' said He, 'you are stoned'.
'My curse shall rest on you until the Day of Recompense. '

He (satan) replied: 'Respite me my Lord till the Day of Resurrection. '
He (Allah) said: 'You are among those that are respited, till the Day of the known time. '

He (satan) said: 'I swear by Your Might, that I will seduce all of them, except those among them who are Your sincere worshipers. '

He (Allah) said: 'This is the truth, and I speak the truth:
I shall certainly fill Gehenna(hell) with you and every one of them that
follows you. '

(Saad:71-85)

No comments: