Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Qur'an

Ya Allah
Send me Your Mercy through the Qur'an
Make it for me as the imam, the light, the guide, the mercy

Ya Allah
Remind me what I have forgotten
Teach me what I am ignorant of
Bestow on me the ability of reciting it
All through the night..
All through the day..

The dua that we recite before and after reciting the Qur'an, is so beautiful.
Qur'an, the book of guidance, must be treated as such. A guide.
Unlike any other books, reading the Qur'an soothes the chaotic mind, heals the ailing heart, rejuvenates the weary soul.
The book of guidance, sent down by The Most Merciful Ar Rahmaan, is full of mercy.
A blessed heart can sense the mercy, can see the light and the guide.

It's been four days. The month of the Qur'an, Ramadan, moves very quickly.
Somehow reading the Qur'an in Ramadan felt different.
Reciting the dua, asking for mercy, light and guide through the Qur'an.. shakes my heart.
Reciting the verses rendered me to tears. It's a love letter from my Creator.
He started by introducing Himself, His Name..
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
How beautiful that is...

Ya Allah
Allow me to feel the mercy
Allow me to see the light
Allow me to understand the guide
That You are sending me
Through this blessed book
In this blessed month
For, this could be my last chance.
For, I might not see another Ramadan.
Amiin..Ya Arhamarraahimiin..

No comments: